Your privacy is critically important to us. At www.marionchan.com.au, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
www.marionchan.com.au makes available services including our web site (https://www.www.marionchan.com.au.com.au (the “Site”)), our blog, and any other software, sites, and services offered by www.marionchan.com.au in connection to any of those (taken together, the “Service”). It is www.marionchan.com.au' policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our Site.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
www.marionchan.com.au is the website of Marion Chan, a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon.
- Our website (including www.www.marionchan.com.au);
- Our products and services that are available on or through our website,
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password).
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate to us for support questions.
- Personalized Information: If you choose to interact with surveys, sign up forms and so on shown on our website, we may use this information to provide more personalized relevant content to you in our communications with you.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Site and/or Services.
- Analytics Information: We collect information about your usage of our Site and/or Services. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Site and/or Services, so we can make our Site and/or Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a service after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of www.marionchan.com.au and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by www.marionchan.com.au and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on www.marionchan.com.au and our services; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular service with us, or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Strictly Necessary - These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” on sites that have an ecommerce functionality.
Functionality - These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
Security - We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
Analytics and Performance - Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our website, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.
Advertising - These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who use our services or visit websites we host or provide, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads.. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our website. These are set by www.marionchan.com.au and trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
3rd Party Integrations.
We use 3rd party tools to help make your experience better and personalize the marketing and communication to you as a user of our Site.
How We Share Information
We do not sell or share our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
Information Shared Publicly
We do not share information publicly unless we have your written consent to do so. This may include testimonials, images and photographs and other general service outcomes in such this as case studies to assist in future patients relating to the services that we provide.
We would only make such information public with your written permission.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. We do not store doctor referral submissions on this website on the 'Doctor Referral' page.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us at any time. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices, deemed transactional messages.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, www.marionchan.com.au does not respond to “do not track” signals across our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using www.marionchan.com.au' websites, with the drawback that certain features of Site may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
How to Reach Us
Industry regulatory disclosure
Marion Chan is a professional registered plastic surgeon and has professional affiliations with:
- The Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Austin Health
- St Vincent's Private Hospital
- Eastern Health
- and Northern Health.
Australian Privacy Act & Medical Board Code of Conduct